Very Simply, several key elements must always be in place for weight loss and weight maintenance:
- Eat right – Lower carb, organic
- Exercise regularly
- Eliminate toxins – heavy metals, environmental toxins
- Have balanced hormones – Thyroid, Adrenal, and sex hormones
- Regular 7-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep
When it comes to losing weight and then maintaining a healthy weight, there should be no such thing as a “diet” – there is only proper nutrition. There is no quick fix, no magic pill, no instant remedy, but there is a way. Learning healthy eating habits and living a clean, healthy lifestyle in conjunction with regular exercise is the key. In addition to eliminating toxins, sleeping regularly, and having balanced hormones, you must eat properly and exercise to lose weight or maintain an ideal weight.
The rules are simple; in fact, they may sound like something your grandmother might have told you.
- Eat three portion controlled meals a day. Breakfast (which is vital), lunch, and dinner; then have a small snack between lunch and dinner, and a small snack before bed if needed.
- During your meals, your plate should be 1/3 protein and 2/3 vegetables (and add a sprinkle of olive oil or almonds for your fat)
- Avoid sugar and sweet snacks. If it says “low fat” or “instant” on the package, put it back.
- Eat all your vegetables and two fruits every day
- Have a tablespoon of BodyBio balance oil twice daily for a proper 4:1 Omega3:Omega 6 essential fatty acid supplement to make healthy cells.
- Get up from in front of the TV or the computer – and go outside and play
- Get plenty of uninterrupted sleep – 7-8 hours
- Drink lots of purified water
It is unfortunate, but many people are confused about what to eat.
There are four simple guidelines to help you when shopping at the supermarket or deciding on what to order at a restaurant:
- Organic proteins (chicken, turkey, fish, lean pork, and pastured eggs)
- Colored vegetables (any vegetable that is colored (not white) all the way through)
- Hard fruits (if it crunches when you eat it, it’s GOOD FOR YOU!)
- Healthy Fats: (olive oil for cool foods, coconut oil for cooking. BodyBio Balance oil for Omega 3 and 6 Essential Fatty Acids. (Raw Nuts are good for you as well)
Weight loss is a simple ratio: calories in versus calories out. You must eat less than you burn in order to achieve weight loss. We may also recommend, depending on each individual’s health and lifestyle, select supplements that may increase your metabolism or help remove food faster.